The email forwarding option in Yahoo Mail has made it easier for the users to automatically forward their emails to another email address. With this option not only you can pass on the message to your near and dear ones, you can also keep a backup of your important emails. However, when it comes to backing up your emails in bulk, this feature may not be able to serve the purpose. So, how is it that you can forward or backup emails in bulk?
To know how you can forward or back up emails in your Yahoo Mail account, you will need to follow the step-by-step instructions provided below. There are three methods provided below to help you easily forward emails to another email account. You can choose any of the methods as per your requirements.
Method 1: Steps for forwarding Yahoo emails to Gmail
- At the initial stage, on your Yahoo account, enable your POP3 access. Click the gear icon on the Yahoo Mail toolbar and choose “Settings,” opt for the “Accounts” tab, hit the “Edit” button, select the “POP” choice, and then hit “Save.”
- After that, you need to sign in to your Gmail account, and hit the gear icon and choose “Settings.” Simply choose to Select the “Accounts” tab, and then hit “Add a POP3 Mail Account You Own.”
- Later on, enter Yahoo email address and hit “Next Step.”
- Then you need to enter the password of Yahoo and then enter “pop.mail.yahoo.com”.
- And change the Port setting to “995” and just check the box which is next to “Always Use a Secure Connection (SSL).
- Next, you need to check the box which is next to “Leave a Copy of Retrieved Message on the Server”.
- Lastly, hit “Add Account” for beginning the process of importing your Yahoo messages to Gmail. With this, in the next screen, you can opt to send messages from Gmail account using Yahoo email address as the “Sent from” address rightly.
Method 2: Forward Yahoo emails to Outlook.com
- To begin with, you need to enable POP3 access on Yahoo account: hit the gear icon on the Yahoo Mail toolbar, choose “Settings,” you can choose the “Accounts” tab, hit the “Edit” button, choose the “POP” choice, and then hit “Save.”
- Later on, you need to sign in to Outlook.com account, hit the gear icon and choose “More Mail Settings.”
- Simply hit Click “Your Email Accounts” and then hit “Add a Send-and-Receive Account.”
- It’s time to enter your name, email address of Yahoo and password, hit “Next.”
- Finally, choose the Outlook.com folder for storing Yahoo messages, and then hit “Save” to start the importing process.
Method 3: Forwarding Yahoo emails to Mail.com
- To start with, enable POP3 access on Yahoo account: hit the gear icon on the Yahoo Mail toolbar, choose “Settings,” opt for the “Accounts” tab, hit the “Edit” button which is next to Yahoo email address,
- Choose the “POP” choice, and then hit “Save.”
- Then sign in to Mail.com account and hit “Options”. Choose the “External Mail” tab, and then you need to check the box which is next to Enabled.
- At this stage, you need to enter your Yahoo username that too without @yahoo.com and enter password too. Just change the Host setting to “pop.mail.yahoo.com” that too with no quotes).
- Just change the Protocol setting to “Post Office Protocol over SSL,” and you need to alter the Port setting to “995”.
- With this, you need to check the box which is next to “Leave Mail on External Server”.
- Last but not the least, hit “Save” and “Close” for saving the settings and then return to your inbox, and hit “Fetch Ext. Mail” for beginning the procedure of importing the emails.