It can be quite a task for some to remember their Mail.com account password. If you are one of such users, looking to recover your account, you can surely regain the access to your account by resetting the password for it. To know, how to recover your Mail.com account by resetting the password, follow the step-by-step instructions provided in this guide.
Steps to Reset Mail.com Account Password
Generally, your web browser saves the Mail.com password automatically. If you wish to view your password, you can follow these steps as per your web browser.
- Click on the magnifying glass icon located the top-right corner of the screen. Enter Control Panel in the search field. Click on the appropriate entry.
- Select User Accounts option and click on the Manage Web Credentials. You will see a list of passwords on your screen.
- Enter mail.com in the Search field and select the appropriate item.
- Then click Show and enter your Windows user password and confirm by clicking OK.
- Click on the Menu button and select
- Go to Security option and select Saved Passwords You will see a list of passwords.
- If the list is long and you are unable to find your mail.com password, enter com in the search field and locate it.
- Then click on the Show Passwords button and confirm your action by clicking Yes.
- Click Safari and then on the Preferences
- Next, switch to the Passwords A list of passwords will appear on your screen.
- Enter com in the search field and select the appropriate entry.
- Then, click on the Show
- Click on the Menu button and select Settings
- Next, click on the Show advanced settings option located at the bottom.
- Then, click on the Manage passwords in the Passwords and forms List of saved passwords will appear on your screen.
- Enter com in the search field to easily locate the entry.
- Select the entry and click on the Show
- Press ALT + T keys on your keyboard to open the options.
- Next, click Options and go to Security >
- Click on the Saved Passwords option and then on the Show Passwords
- Confirm your action by clicking on the Yes
In case you don’t find your password in the web browser, you can reset the password by following these steps:
1.) Go to the Mail.com password reset page via link https://password.mail.com/passwordrecovery/wicket/page?1&srttkn=fc1bfa42-af32-456f-bfea-0979fb3b1fec.
2.) Once you are on the page, enter your mail.com email address in the prompted field and select the checkbox next to “I’m not a robot” captcha.
3.) Next, click on the Continue button.
4.) On the next screen, you might be prompted to verify your identity as the rightful owner of the account by answering the security question, or by entering a security code sent to your phone number, or password reset link sent to your account recovery email address.
5.) Once you verify yourself successfully as the actual owner of the account, you will be allowed to reset the password for your Mail.com account.
So, this is the way you can recover your mail.com account.