Generally, you are provided with a homepage on your web browser that is associated with the same company that the browser belongs to. For example, Google Chrome comes with Google Search, and Microsoft Comes with Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge. While these homepages come handy when searching for any information on the internet, however, if you wish to make your homepage load cool pages like the AOL, you can easily make the necessary changes. To know how to make AOL your homepage, follow the information provided below.
Guide to Make AOL Your Homepage
When you make AOL your homepage on your web browser, you easily get access to Latest News, Weather, Entertainment, Finance & Lifestyle related content. Not only this information is useful to stay updated but also gives your web browser a better look when you launch it. Below, you can find the steps to easily make AOL as your homepage and refresh the appearance of your browser.
Setting AOL as Homepage in Windows 10
You can easily make AOL.com your homepage in Windows 10 to get quick access to the latest news, viral videos, and to your AOL Mail account. Here are the steps that you will need to follow.
- To begin with, you will first need to launch the Microsoft Edge browser on your Windows 10 computer.
- Once the web browser gets opened on your screen, you will need to click on theMore Actions button (the three horizontal dots) located in the upper right corner of the window. This will open a drop-down menu on your screen.
- From the drop-down menu that appears on your screen, you will need to click on theSettingsoption located at the bottom. Doing so will direct you to the Settings menu on your screen.
- Once you are in the Settings menu of your browser, you will need to click on the circle next to A Specific Page or Pagesunder the Open With section.
- Next, from the drop-down menu that will display on your screen, you will need to select the Customoption.
- Then, in the box provided on your screen, you will need to type aol.com and then press the Enter key on your keyboard.
- After that, you will need to click on the “x”located next to About: Start to delete it from the list.
- And that’s all you will need to do. Now, whenever you will open up your Microsoft Edge browser in Windows 10, you will find AOL homepage loading on your screen.
Setting AOL as Homepage in Google Chrome Browser
- Open the Chrome browser on your computer and click on the Menu button (three horizontal bars). This will open a drop-down menu on your screen.
- From the drop-down menu,you will need to select the Settings option. This will take you to the Settings section on your browser.
- Next, in the Settings section, go to the “On startup” section.
- Here, select the “Open a specific page or set of pages” option.
- In the “Open a specific page or set of pages” option, you will need to select the Add a new page option.
- After that, enter the URL of the AOL (aol.com) to set as your homepage and then click on the Add button. Your AOL homepage will be set up for your Google Chrome browser.
Setting AOL as Homepage in Apple Safari Browser
- To begin with, launch the Safari web browser on your Mac.
- Next, click on the Safari or Edit menu to select the Preferences option.
- In the Preferences section, you will need to click on the “Safari opens with” menu and click on the “Homepage” option.
- Then, click on the “Homepage” field and enter the URL of the AOL website (aol.com) to make your homepage.
- After entering the URL, add the Home button to the toolbar of your Safari browser. This is because the Home button is not included in the Toolbar on the Safari browser.
- For this, click on the View menu and select the “Customize Toolbar” option. Then, simply drag the Home button to the Safari toolbar.
Setting AOL as Homepage in Mozilla Firefox Browser
- Launch the Mozilla Firefox web browser on your computer and click on the Menu button (three horizontal lines). Doing so will open the Firefox settings page in a new tab.
- Next, click on the “Home Page” field and enter the URL of the AOL website (aol.com) to set up as the homepage.
- Now, under the “When Firefox Starts” section, make sure that the “Show my home page” option is selected.
- After that, your AOL website will be configured as your home page on the Mozilla Firefox browser.
So, these are the different ways to make AOL as your homepage on different web browsers.