As the SbcGlobal email has been acquired by AT&T,some of the users are experiencing an issue in signing in to their SbcGlobal email account or accessing certain features. One of the most common issues that users commonly experience trouble is resetting the password of their SBCGlobal email account. In case you don’t remember the password of your SbcGloboal email account, you can try gaining access to your account by resetting the password. However, to reset the password of your SBCGlobal email account, you must have access to one of the account recovery options associated with your account. These recovery options could be either your registered phone number or email address, or it can also be the answers to the security question.To know how to reset your SbcGlobal email account using the account recovery options, follow the below-mentioned instructions.
Steps to Recover SbcGlobal Email Account Password
1.To begin with, open a web browser on your computer and go to the ATT sign-in page.
2. Once you are on the AT&T sign-in page on your computer web browser, you will need to click on the “Forgot Password?” link. You will find this link located below the sign-in box. As you will click on this option, you will be directed to the Password reset page on the next screen.
3. Once you are on the Password Reset page on the next screen, you will need to enter the User ID of your SbcGlobal email account in the provided field and your last name in the Last name field.
NOTE: In case you don’t even remember the User ID of your SBCGlobal email account, you will need to select the Forgot ssUser ID option on the sign-in page and follow the on-screen prompts.
4.On the next screen, you will need to enter the reCAPTCHA shown under the image boxunder the prompted field on your screen and then click on the Continue button. This will take you to the next screen.
5.You will be provided the following two options on the next screen to recover your SBCGlobal email account:
- Send me a temporary password.
- I’ll answer my security questions.
6. If you remember the answer to the security questions that you set up at the time of creating your SBCGlobal email account, you will need to select the second option “I’ll answer my security questions”. After selecting the option, simply follow the further on-screen instructions accordingly to easily reset the password of your SBCGlobal email account.
7.In case you don’t remember the answer to the security question you configured, you will need to select the first option “Send me a temporary password” and click on the Continue button. Clicking on the Continue button will send a temporary password on your registered phone number/alternate email address and will direct you to the SBCGlobal sign-in page (AT&T sign-in page).
8. On the sign-in page, you will need to enter the temporary password to sign into your SBCGlobal account. As you will enter the temporary password in the provided field, you will be directed to the next screen where you will be prompted to create a new password for your SBCGlobal email account.
NOTE: In case you accidentally close or exit from the SbcGlobal email sign-in window, you need not worry as you can reset the password of your account by going to the SBCGlobal sign-in page again and entering the temporary password in the prompted field.
9. Enter the new password in the provided fields on the next screen and confirm it. The new password will become applicable for accessing your SBCGlobal email account.
NOTE: When creating a password for your SBCGlobal email account, make sure you create it using a combination of alphabets (both small and capital letters), numbers, and special characters. Also, make sure to change your password every couple of months for better security of your account.
10. The next time you will try to access your SBCGlobal email account, you will need to use this new password on the sign-in page.
So, these are the instructions that you will need to follow to reset the password of your SBCGlobal email account and regain control of your account.