Windstream Communications, also known as Windstream Holdings, Inc. and Windstream, is a service provider of voice and data network communications (VoIP, Broadband, and MPLS). When you purchase any of the Windstream services, you are most likely to get a free Windstream email account. You can use this email account as you other regular email accounts you use to send and receive emails. Apart from the web, you can also access your Windstream account on an email app or client. However, to access your Windstream account on an email app or client, you will need Windstream email settings. Below you can find the email settings as well as the configuration process to set you your Windstream email account.
Windstream Email Settings for Email Account Configuration
Although your email app or client is most likely to set up the server automatically for your Windstream email account if you don’t find the configuration getting through successfully, you can manually enter the following incoming (IMAP or POP) and outgoing (SMTP) mail servers.
NOTE: While you can use either IMAP or POP for account configuration, it is recommended to use IMAP.
- Port: (SSL) 993
- Port: (SSL) 995
- Port: (SSL) 465
- Port: 587
NOTE:Both incoming and outgoing servers will be verifying your complete email address and password to ensure that they are working correctly. Therefore, it is important to ensure that you also enable authentication for the outgoing server.
Now as you have the Windstream email server settings, you can follow the steps provided below to know the Windstream email account configuration process for Android devices.
To Set Up Windstream Email Account on Android Device
- On your Android phone, tablet, or other devices, go to the applications menu on your home screen. From the applications menu, you will need to tap on the Applications Tray and then tap on theEmailoption.
- Once you are on the Email screen, you will need to select the Add Account option. You will be directed to the next screen where you will be prompted to enter your Windstream email address and password.
- So, enter your Email address and Password in the provided fields on the next screen and then tap on the Next button.
- Then, you will need to select the IMAP option as your email account type.
- After that, you will need to enter the Incoming server settings in the provided fields and tap on the Next button. Similarly, you will also need to enter the Outgoing server settings in the prompted fields. You can refer to the below-mentioned information to enter the required information in the relevant fields
- Username:Enter your windstream.net email address
- Password:Enter your windstream.net email password
- Incoming Server:Enter imap.windstream.net (recommended Port 993 (SSL) or Port 143) (For IMAP)
- Outgoing Server:Enter (SMTP) smtp.windstream.net Recommended Port 465 (SSL), Port 587, or Port 25
Note:It is to be noted that Windstream recommends using the incoming and outgoing SSL mail server ports when you are looking to configure all email programs. Doing so will help you to prevent SPAM and safeguard the security of your account.
- After entering the above-mentioned information in the relevant field, make sure to select the checkbox next to the desired account options, and then tap on the Next button.
- Next, you will need to enter a name for your email account and then your name in the relevant fields and tap on the Done option.
- Your Windstream email account will be configured on your Android device and you can use it to send and receive emails.
So, these are the Windstream email settings you will need to use to configure your Windstream email account on mobile email applications and email clients.