It can be quite troublesome for the users to recover their Comcast email account in case they forget the password for their account or when it gets hacked. If you are also facing trouble recovering your Comcast Email account and looking for assistance, this guide may help you fix the problem and allow you to regain access to your Comcast email account. This guide offers step-by-step instructions on how to recover Comcast email account in different situations. So, follow the instructions according to the situation you are facing with your Comcast account.
Guide to Recover Comcast Email Password
In order to recover your Comcast email account, you will need to reset the password for it. To reset the password, there are basically two ways to do it. They are:
- When you can access your account using your current password.
- When you can’t access your account using your current password.
Below, we have provided steps by step instructions for both situations.
When you can access your account using your current password
- Log in to your Comcast Xfinity email account and click on the My Account option located on the top of the Inbox page.
- Next, you will need to click on the Manage Users and Settings option under My Account and select Change Password option located below your account name.
- Then, you will need to enter your current password in the prompted field and new password in the relevant fields. Make sure that the new password you enter is not less than 8 characters and no more than 16 characters. Also, you need to ensure that the password you create includes at least one number, one alphabet, and one special character. After entering the new password, you will need to click on Save Password.
- The password for your Comcast email account will be changed.
When you can’t access your account using your current password
- Go to the Comcast sign-in page and click on the Forgot Your Password option. You will be directed to the next screen where you will be prompted to enter your email address.
- Enter your email address or username in the provided field, enter the Captcha as shown on your screen and then click on the Next button.
- On the next screen, you will be given two options. While the first option will prompt you to reset your Comcast password by receiving a reset link to your email address, the second option will prompt you to reset your password by answering the security question and providing a zip code.
- After selecting one of the options (given above), you will need to confirm your action. Then, you will be directed to create your new password.
- Now, create your new password between 8 to 16 characters having at least one number, one alphabet, and, one special character. Enter the new password in the prompted fields and click on the Next button. After that, again go to the Comcast sign-in page and enter your username and new password in the prompted fields. Click on the Sign in button. You will be directed to your Comcast email account.
So, this is how you can easily recover your Comcast email account by resetting the password for it.
Related Blog: Create and Delete Folders in Comcast Email?