There may be numerous reasons that you may wish to change your Gmail password. If you don’t know how to change or reset your Gmail password, you can follow the information provided in this guide. Below we have provided steps to change your Gmail password on:
- Computer Desktop or Laptop
- Android device
- iOS device
Steps to Change Gmail Password on Computer Desktop
- Sign into your Gmail account and click on the Gear icon located on the top-right corner of your screen.
- From the drop-down menu that appears, click on the Settings Wait until the Settings page opens.
- Under Settings page, go to the Accounts and Import
- Under Accounts and Import tab, click on the Change password option located under Change account settings section (first option). You will be directed to the next screen.
- On the next screen, enter your current password and click on the NEXT
- After that, simply follow the on-screen instructions to change your Gmail password.
Steps to Change Gmail Password on Android Device
NOTE: Before following the steps, make sure that your Android device is connected to the internet.
- Launch a web browser on your Android device and go to the link – https://myaccount.google.com/.
- If prompted, sign into your account and then go to the option – Sign-in and security.
- Next, tap on the Password option in the list that appears under Sign-in and security
- After that, you will need to enter a new Gmail password in the prompted field and confirm it.
- Then, simply tap on the CHANGE PASSWORD The password for your Gmail account will reset.
Steps to Change Gmail Password on iOS
- Launch any browser such as Chrome, Safari etc. on your iOS device.
- Go to the address bar of your web browser and open the link – http://www.google.com/settings/passwordchange.
- Once the link gets opened in your web browser, you will need to enter your current password in the provided field. However, if you don’t remember your current password, you can select the “Need help?” option.
- Next, when to create a new password for your account, simply enter the new password in the prompted fields and confirm.
- After that, you will need to follow the on-screen instructions to change the password for your Gmail account.
And this is how you can change your Gmail password on your computer desktop/laptop, Android device, or iOS device.