Microsoft Outlook allows users to create and add a customized signature to their email messages. Users can include anything from text, images, a logo, to the electronic business card or even a photo of your signature. Moreover, users can either set their signature to be added automatically to all the outgoing email messages or they can select as with which email message to include a signature. If you are also looking to add a signature to your Outlook account, follow the steps provided below.
Steps to Create and Add a Signature to Email Messages
1.) Start by opening a new email message in your Outlook account.
2.) Under the Message section, go to the Include group and select Signatures under Signature option.
3.) Now, select the New option under Select signature to edit. Type a name for the signature which you wish to add under the New Signature dialog.
- If you want to you can even add images and links to your email signature, change colors and fonts, and justify the text by making use of formatting bar located under Edit signature
- Moreover, you can also include Social Media icons and links to your signature.
4.) Next, make the following changes under Choose default signature option:
- Under Email account list, select an email account which you want to associate with the signature. You can make a separate signature for each email account.
- Under New messages list, select the signature which you wish to add automatically to all new outgoing email messages. Also, you can select none if you do not wish to include a signature to new outgoing emails.
- And, under Replies/forwards list, select the signature which you want to include automatically when you forward or reply an email message. Also, you can select none if you don’t want to add a signature.
5.) When done, select OK to save your new signature and get back to your email. Also, remember that Outlook will not add your newly created signature to the current email message you opened (Step 1), even when you have selected to add a new signature to all new outgoing email message. You can either open a new email message or you can add a signature to opened email manually.
6.) To add signature manually, go to your email message and select Signature in the Include group. Select your signature from the menu that appears, and then select the signature which you have created.
7.) In addition, if you wish to add a logo or image to your signature, simply open a new email message and select Signature > Signatures. Then in the Select signature to edit dialog, select the signature you wish to add a logo or image to. Select the Image icon, browse your image file and click Insert.
If you want, you can also resize the image by right-clicking on the image and selecting Picture. Go to the Size tab and use the given options to resize the image. Make sure to keep the checkbox next to option Lock aspect ratio checked. When done, click OK and then again click OK to save the changes made.
NOTE: If you are using Microsoft Office 365 account, and you are using Outlook and Outlook on the Web or Outlook on the Web for Business, you will need to create a signature for each program separately.