If you have forgotten your Windows Live Mail account password, you can easily recover your account by resetting the password. As every Windows Live Mail account is associated with a Microsoft account, resetting the password for it will reset the password for Windows Live Mail account. To know how to reset your Microsoft account password, follow the step-by-step instructions provided below.
Steps to Reset Microsoft Account Password to Recover Windows Live Mail Account
1.) On your computer, open a web browser and go to the Microsoft Sign-in page. Once you are on the page, enter your username (Email, phone, or Skype) and click on the Next button.
2.) On the next page, you will need to click on the Forgot my password link. Clicking on the link will direct you to a new page where you will be given three options as follows:
- I forgot my password
- I know my password, but can't sign in
- I think someone else is using my Microsoft account
You will need to choose one of the options and click on the Next button to proceed further.
3.) Next, you will be prompted to enter the Captcha as shown on your screen. Enter the Captcha and click on the Next button. You will get the following three options on your screen:
- Email T***[email protected]**mail.com
- Text ********95
- I don't have any of these
Selecting any of the first two options and clicking on the Send code button will send a Security Code on your phone/email (depending on the option selected by you).
Note: Selecting the second option “Text ********95” will prompt you to provide the last four digit of the phone number.
4.) Once you receive the Security Code via email or phone, enter it on the next screen and click on the Verify button. You will be directed to the Reset Password page.
5.) Then, on the next screen, simply enter your New Password in the provided field and click on the Next button. A message will appear on the screen saying that “Your account has been recovered”.
6.) After that, just click on the Next button to complete the process. And, this is how you will be able to reset the password for your Microsoft account and eventually you be able to recover your Windows Live Mail account.
- If you don’t have access to your phone or email in Step You will need to select “I don’t have any of these”options. Selecting this option will take you to a new page where you’ll be asked to provide an email address different than the one you are recovering.
- Enter the email address in the provided field and click on the Next Microsoft will send a code to the email account entered by you. You will need to enter the code in the box that pops-up on the screen by clicking Next.
- After entering the code, click on the Verify You will be directed to the next page where you will be given form to fill up. Fill out the form and click on the Next button. Similarly, follow the on-screen instructions for the next page and click on the Next button. If Microsoft finds the information provided by you sufficient, you will be allowed to reset the password for your account.
So, this is how you can recover your Windows Live Mail account when you forget your password.