“I’m looking for steps or methods to back up email files in Mozilla Thunderbird. Can anyone help?”
If you ask this, you are in luck. Read through this blog to know the procedure to back up your email files in Mozilla Thunderbird by creating a backup folder. We bring you three methods to protect your email files from getting deleted or erased.
Procedures to Backup Email Files in Mozilla Thunderbird
The backup of your email files can be done in the following methods.
- Installing Import Export Tools
- Exporting Email Messages
- Backing up a Profile
Read in detail –
Installing Import Export Tools –
- Open Thunderbird and click on the “three horizontal lines” icon located in the top-right corner of the window.
- A drop-down menu will appear. You will need to select “Add-ons”.
- Doing so opens another menu that prompts you to click “Add-ons Manager”.
- The next step demands you to search for the add-on “Import Export Tools”. You can do that by clicking on the search bar and then type in the add-on that you are looking for.
- After finding the add-on, i.e. Import Export Tool, you can click on the “Add to Thunderbird” option.
- On the “Software Installation” page, you will install add-ons only from authors whom you trust. Click on the “Install Now” option at the bottom.
- It will begin installing the software or add-on. After the installation is over, it will prompt you to “Restart Now”. Make sure you are restarting Thunderbird in Safe Mode.
- If prompted, click on the “Exit” button. Reopen Thunderbird before continuing.
Exporting Email Messages –
- The standard method to export emails is to launch Thunderbird and go to Inbox or select another folder.
- Here, you will be prompted to choose the email you want to export.
- If you want to export all emails, press Ctrl+A.
- Next, click the button “Menu” to display the Thunderbird menu.
- You can then select “Save as” and click on the “File” option.
- Now, choose the folder that you want all your emails to be in.
- Click “Save”.
Backing up a Profile –
The third procedure that you can count on to backup email files –
Before you begin this process, you must understand what a profile is. In Thunderbird, a profile stores two main sets of items.
- It stores your local mail.
- It stores the changes (changes to the toolbar and changes to account settings) you make while using Thunderbird.
If you wonder where your profile is stored, all the files are stored separately from the Thunderbird program files.
To perform backing up a profile process –
- Launch Thunderbird and click on the “three horizontal lines” icon located in the top-right corner of the window.
- A drop-down menu will appear. You will need to select “Help”.
- Doing so opens another menu that prompts you to click “Troubleshooting Information”.
- This opens a new tab. Scroll through and click “Open Folder” (it is located to the right of “Profile Folder”).
- Select “Profile” and then copy your profile by clicking Ctrl + C. In the case of multiple folders, press Ctrl + A.
- Now, close Thunderbird. This way, it will copy the file.
- Press the Ctrl + V keyson the keyboard to paste the copied folder.
If you find these steps difficult to carry out, contact the professionals for instant help. They will ensure you have backed up email files in Mozilla Thunderbird in a seamless manner.