There are numerous messaging applications available for iPhone that comes with amazing security features. You can attach photos, files, smileys, emojis to the messages you send, place audio/video calls, create a group. Also, you can block a contact through these apps if you don’t wish to receive messages from them. While you can block them from sending messages through the application but may face problem from stop receiving text messages on your iPhone. To know how to block text messages from a sender on iPhone, follow the step-by-step instructions provided in this guide.
Steps to Block Text Messages on iPhone
TO BLOCK CONTACTS
Apple iPhone comes with a built-in feature which allows the users to easily block a phone number from calling, sending text messages, as well connecting via FaceTime. You don’t need to install any third-party application in order to perform this action. To block a phone number:
- On your iPhone, tap on the Contacts menu.
- From the list that appears on your screen, tap on the name of the contact you wish to delete.
- As you will tap on the contact’s name, you will find the “Block this Caller” option on their page.
- Tap on the Block this Caller option and confirm you action when prompted by tapping on the Block Contact option.
- As you will tap on the Block Contact option, you will stop receiving calls, messages, or FaceTime requests from the blocked contact. Similarly, you can block multiple contacts in your iPhone.
NOTE: Blocking the contact will not remove the details from the contact list. It will keep appearing in the contacts’ list. So, whenever you wish to unblock the blocked person, you can get back to the particular contact and unblock it.
To Block Unknown Numbers or Spam Messages
While you can block the people in your contact by following the above-mentioned steps, to block messages from unknown numbers such as spammers, advertising agencies etc., you will need to follow the instructions provided below.
- On your iPhone, go to the Messages app and tap on the message from the sender whom you wish to block.
- Select details of the sender from the upper-right corner of the screen.
- You will see a phone icon with a letter “i” icon next to the number.
- Tap on the “i” icon and scroll down to the bottom of the page.
- Then, tap on the Block this Caller option. The caller will be blocked from calling and texting on your phone number.
And, this is how you can block the unwanted text messages from senders on your iPhone. Another method which you can try to prevent unwanted messages in your iPhone is by contacting your carrier. Wireless carriers such as AT&T, T-Mobile, and Verizon offers a phone spam tools that can help you keep your iPhone free from unwanted text messages.