There can be numerous reasons that could be responsible for Playback Device error in your Skype program on Windows 10 computer. To know how to fix playback device error in your Skype program on Windows 10 computer, follow the measures provided below.
Measures to Fix Skype Problem with Playback Device in Windows 10
1.) Try Deleting Audio Device
- On your computer’s keyboard, press Windows Key + X and select Device Manager option from the list that appears on your screen.
- Next, go to Sound, video and game controllers section and find your Audio device.
- Then, right-click on your Audio device and select Uninstall option from the list that appears on your screen.
- Once the Audio device has been uninstalled, simply restart your computer. Window 10 will automatically install the Audio device with correct settings.
- You can then check your Skype to know if the problem has been resolved.
2.) Try Deactivating Audio Device Temporarily
- Go to Device Manager section and locate your Audio device.
- Now right click on the Audio device to select Disable option from the list that appears on your screen.
- Next, right-click on the device again and select the Enable option from the menu.
- Then check your Skype to know if the issue has been cleared or not.
3.) Try Rebooting Skype
In most of the cases, it has been found that when a problem with playback device appears, it can be fixed by simply restarting the Skype program. For this, you just need to right-click on the Skype icon in the Taskbar and select Quit option from the menu that appears on your screen.
4.) Verify Whether Or Not Correct Playback Device is Configured in Skype
Having multiple audio devices connected to your computer can cause Playback device issue, especially when you have chosen the wrong Audio device mistakenly. In order to fix this issue, it is suggested to manually select the playback device in your Skype program. For this:
- Go to Tools > Options section in your Skype program.
- Next, go to Audio settings and expand the Speakers
- Then, choose the correct Audio device and select Save option to save the changes done.
- Now, check whether the problem is resolved or not.
NOTE: You may need to try selecting different audio devices before you find the one working properly with Skype.
5.) Deselect Automatically Adjust Speaker Settings Option
Some of the users have been able to fix the Playback device error by simply deactivating Automatically adjust speaker settings option. For this:
- Go to Tools > Options > Audio Settings section in your Skype program.
- Next, go to the Speakers section and deselect Automatically adjust speaker settings
- Then, click on the Save option to save the changes made.
6.) Disable and Enable Your Speakers
Sometimes disabling and enabling the speakers can also clear the Playback device error in your Skype program. For this:
- Right-click on the Speaker icon in your computer’s bottom right corner and select Playback devices option from the menu that appears.
- Then, Right-click on the empty space in the Playback devices box that appears on your screen.
- Make sure that the options – Show Disabled Devices and Show Disconnected Devices are checked.
- Next, right-click on your Audio device and select Disable option from the menu.
- After that, right-click again and select Enable option from the menu and click on the Apply & OK button to save the changes.
7.) Turn Off Audio Programs That Could Be Running in the Background
Many users have reported that turning off the applications that might be using the sound card can also fix the playback device problem. For example, if you have an audio player running in the background, close it before you place a Skype call.
8.) Try Resetting Skype Configuration Files
- On your Windows 10 computer, close Skype program and press Windows Key + R to open the Run
- In the box, type %appdata% and press Enter key on the keyboard or click on the OK
- Next, find Skype folder and rename it to old.
NOTE: Renaming the Skype folder will remove your message history from Skype, so make sure to copy the folder before renaming it if you wish to have a backup of your chat history.
- Once you have renamed the Skype folder, start your Skype program again and check if the playback issue is cleared or not.
9.) Make Sure That Your Audio Driver Is Up-To-Date
Having outdated Audio driver can be one of the reasons that could result in playback device error in your Skype program. So, make sure that your Audio Driver is always up-to-date. For this, just go to motherboard or sound card manufacturer’s website and download and install the latest drivers for your device. After updating the Audio driver, you can check your Skype to know if the problem is fixed or not.
10.) Try Reinstalling Skype
Incorrect installation or corrupt files in the Skype program can also result in playback device issue. In such a case, it is suggested to try reinstalling the Skype program. For this simply uninstall your current Skype program and reinstall a fresh copy of Skype on your computer.
11.) Try Switching To The Universal Windows Platform (UWP) Version
If you are unable to place a call using the standard Desktop version of Skype, you can try using the new UWP version. Although it is not the most stable application available, however, it is improving significantly. You need not install it to your computer as UWP version of Skype comes pre-loaded in your Windows 10 computer.
12.) Try Running Audio Troubleshooter
Running the Windows’ default troubleshooting tool might also help fix the playback device issue in your Skype program. To run the Audio Troubleshooter:
1.) Open the Settings app and go to Updates & Security > Troubleshooting option.
2.) Next, locate Recording Audio option and click on it.
3.) Then, you will need to click on the Run the troubleshooter button.
4.) After that, simply follow the on-screen prompts and allow the wizard to automatically find potential issues with your system.
5.) Once the troubleshooting process gets completed, restart your computer.
13.) Check the Skype Status Page
Sometimes the problem could be on Skype’s end which might be causing the playback device error. In such a case, it is recommended to ensure that Skype is running properly. You can check the status of Skype by going to the link https://support.skype.com/en/status/. If there seems to be any sort of trouble, it is suggested to wait until the problem on Skype’s end gets solved.
14.) Make Sure Your Computer is Compatible And its Running With Up-To-Date OS
An incompatible computer or outdated operating system can also lead to playback device error in Skype. So, make sure your computer meets the minimum system requirements necessary for running Skype program properly. Also, make sure that you have installed the latest version of Skype on your computer and your operating system is running with the latest updates.
15.) Other Things To Consider
- Make sure your computer is having uninterrupted access to the internet. If you are connected via wireless network, make sure your computer is in the Wi-Fi range.
- Check your microphone, headphone or speakers to ensure that they are plugged properly and are not muted.
- Check your camera, especially if it’s an external one to ensure that it is connected properly and pointed in the right
- Close any ongoing download or uploads for uninterrupted Skype connectivity.
- Make sure the devices you are using with your Skype are compatible. If using Skype for Business application, you can consider the compatible products for your program on https://partnersolutions.skypeforbusiness.com/solutionscatalog/all.
In most of the cases, the above-mentioned measures should help you get rid of the playback device issues in your Skype program on your Windows 10 computer. However, if you are still not able to overcome the problem, it is suggested to take assistance from a professional.