Temporary error 18 in Yahoo Mail is one of the most frustrating issues experienced by users. Though generally this error gets fixed automatically within a couple of minutes to a few hours, however, if the problem persists for longer, there are some workarounds that can help you clear the Temporary error 18 in your Yahoo Mail account. Go through the information provided below to learn about the ways to clear the error.
Steps to Fix Yahoo Mail Temporary Error 18
1. Log Out of your Yahoo Mail Account
The first thing you will need to do is log out of your Yahoo Mail account from all the devices (Desktop, Laptop, Smartphone, Tablet etc.) on which you are logged in. Once you are logging out of your Yahoo Mail account from all the devices, go to the next step.
2. Make Sure to Use a Supported Web Browser
If you are using an unsupported or outdated web browser to access your Yahoo Mail account, you may experience issues like Temporary error 18 frequently in your Yahoo Mail account. Therefore, it is suggested to access your Yahoo Mail account on supported browsers like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari, and Microsoft Edge. Also, make sure to keep them updated all the time for better Yahoo Mail experience. Here are the steps to update these browsers.
- When an update will be available for your Google Chrome browser, you will see a color on the More icon (three vertical dots) located on the top-right corner. This color indicates if an update is pending.
- The Green color indicates that an update was released 2 days ago.
- The Orange color indicates that an update was released 4 days ago.
- The Red color indicates that an update was released a week ago.
- To update Chrome, click on the More icon and select Update Google Chrome option. In case you don’t find this option, it means Chrome is already running with the latest version.
- Then, click the Relaunch option and you are done.
- Click on the Menu button, select Help option and then click About Firefox option.
- This will open the About Mozilla Firefox window.
- Firefox will then begin checking for updates and download them automatically.
- Once the download gets completed, select Restart to update Firefox option.
In order to keep Safari up to date for the version of macOS that you are using, you will simply need to install the latest macOS updates. Doing so will automatically update the Safari browser as well.
- To update macOS, select System preferences option from the Apple menu and click Software Update to check for updates.
- If any updates are available, you will need to click the Update Now button to install them.
- Once the updates get installed, restart your system and you are done.
- Click on the three dots icon located at the top-right corner of the screen.
- From the drop-down menu, select the Settings option.
- Scroll down to the bottom section in the Settings and check if any update is available under About this app.
3. Clear Your Browser Cache
If there is a lot of cookies and cache stored in your web browser, you may experience issues like temporary error 18 in your Yahoo Mail account. Therefore, it is suggested to consider clearing the cache from your browser to fix the issue.
For Google Chrome
- Click More icon (three vertical dots) and select More tools option from the drop-down menu.
- Next, click the Clear browsing data option.
- Select the time range from the top if you wish to delete the cache for some particular duration. To delete everything, select the All-time option.
- Make sure to select the checkbox next to “Cookies and other site data” and “Cached images and files” option.
- Then, press the Clear data option to clear the cache.
For Mozilla Firefox
- Click the Menu button and select “Options…”.
- Next, click on the “Privacy & Security” panel.
- Then, select the Clear Data option in the Cookies and Site Data section.
- Remove the checkbox next to Cookies and Site Data option and select the checkbox next to Cached Web Content.
- Then, press the Clear button and close the about: preferences page. Any changes made will get saved automatically.
For Microsoft Edge
- Click Three dots icon located on the top-right corner and select History option from the drop-down menu.
- Next, select Clear history option.
- Select the checkbox next to Cached data and files and Cookies and saved website data option.
- Then, click on the Clear button and you are done.
For Apple Safari
- Go to History > Clear History option. Then, select the pop-up menu.
- Next, select as to how far back you wish to clear your browsing history.
- Then, follow the on-screen prompts to clear caches from your Safari browser.
4. Restart Your Browser and Sign-in Back
Once you have cleared the caches, you will need to restart your web browser. After restarting the browser, you will need to sign in back to your Yahoo Mail account. You are most likely to not find temporary error 18 bothering you from accessing your Yahoo Mail account.
So, these are the steps that you will need to follow to fix Yahoo Mail Temporary error 18.