When you subscribe for SBC Global service, you get a SbcGlobal email account automatically created along with it. You can use this email account like other email accounts for sending and receiving emails. While you can access your SbcGlobal email account via web, if you want to access it via an email client, you can do that too easily by configuring it using IMAP server settings. To know how to set up your SbcGlobal.net account with your email program using IMAP, follow the step-by-step instructions provided below.
Steps to Setup SbcGlobal.net Account With Your Email Program Using IMAP
To set up SbcGlobal.net email using IMAP, you will require the following IMAP and SMTP settings:
- SbcGlobal.net (AT&T) IMAP Server imap.mail.att.net
- IMAP port 993
- IMAP security SSL / TLS
- IMAP username Your full email address
- IMAP password Your SbcGlobal.net password
- SbcGlobal.net (AT&T) SMTP Server: mtp.mail.att.net
- SMTP port: 465
- SMTP security: SSL / TLS
- SMTP username: Your full email address
- SMTP password: Your SbcGlobal.net password
NOTE: The following steps are for the configuration of SbcGlobal email account on Microsoft Outlook. Steps may vary on the basis of the version and email client you are using.
1.) On your computer, open Microsoft Outlook, click on the File tab and select Add Account option to begin the Add Account Setup process.
2.) On the next screen, you will need to select “Manual Setup or Additional Server Types” option and click on the Next button. Then, select POP or IMAP option in the Choose Service page and click on the Next button.
3.) After selecting POP or IMAP option, you will be directed to the next box where you will be prompted to provide the information as directed below
- Your Name: Enter your Name here
- Email Address: Enter your SbcGlobal Email Address
- Account Type: Select IMAP
- Incoming mail server: Enter imap.mail.att.com
- Outgoing mail server (SMTP): Enter smtp.mail.att.com
- User Name: Enter your user name for SbcGlobal account
- Password: Enter your SbcGlobal mail password
5.) Next, you will need to click on the More Settings button located at the lower-right corner on the box. Under More Settings window, you will need to go to Outgoing server tab and select the checkbox next to the following options:
- My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication
- Use same settings as my incoming mail server
6.) Then, you will need to go to the Advanced tab and verify the information is provided below:
- Incoming server (IMAP): Enter 993
- Incoming server encrypted connection: Select SSL / TLS
- Outgoing server (SMTP): Enter 465
- Outgoing server encrypted connection: Select TLS or Auto
7.) After that, you will need to click on the OK button and then the Next button. This will open a Test Account Settings window on your screen. Assuming that you have entered all the information appropriately, you will find the test getting completed successfully.
NOTE: In case the test doesn’t complete successfully, check your configuration settings again to see if you have made any incorrect entry in the previous steps.
8.) Click on the Finish button when the test gets completed successfully. You can then start accessing your SbcGlobal Mail account easily using Outlook.
So, this is how you can easily configure your SbcGlobal email account with your email program using IMAP.